300 reasons you need to create content for your website
Why content rules…we’ve got 300 reasons (a week!) for you
Search engines place websites with the most relevant and valuable content at the top of their rankings. So if you create valuable content, you increase the chances of your website showing up.
Plus good content makes you look like an industry authority and builds credibility.
More content, more customers.
- Example – eChimp.com.au/website-cost-australia, is a blog post we wrote. It is ranked #1 for several big search terms and brings in approx 300 people to our website every week that are looking to get a website (very qualified!). That blog post means more leads, more clients, more revenue.
What makes great content great?
- Relevant, helpful and interesting to YOUR target market
- Well researched and comprehensive (think 500+ words)
- Optimised for search terms your market is typing into Google
Are you creating content your target market loves?
The 6 most popular types of content…this is all you need to focus on to start with
The most popular types of content are:
- Blog posts – eg DrTomObrien.ie
- Guest blog posts – eg Survey Monkey article
- How-to guides – eg this free report from us
- Infographics – eg Landing Page infographic
- Video – eg Eview.tv
- Social media posts – eg Facebook.com/cotteesaustralia
Have you created any of these types of content?
How to hypnotise people into reading your content
People have short attention spans, so make sure your content has:
- Compelling headline/subheadlines that capture attention
- Short paragraphs and straight-to-the-point sentences
- Lots of lists (bullet points, numbered lists, checklists etc)
- Easy to read typography, matched with poweful visuals
Does your written content use these hypnotic techniques?
- Example – VisualWebsiteOptimizer.com article
P.S. this post is extracted from our free report on the top 10 secrets we use to grow our clients’ businesses online. Read the free report >